Friday, April 19, 2013

A Tae Kwon Do weekend

Hello all! Last weekend was awesome! A few weeks ago Thing 1 was asked to be on the demo team at their Tae Kwon Do school, Jason Yi's Tae Kwon Do College. This weekend was their first performance. His team practiced every night the week before the performance. He looked so grown
up. I was dropping him off when it was light outside and picking him up when it was dark. It took me back to when I was going to dance classes at his age. The big performance was on Saturday at the end of the TKD school's Open house/Carnival. Some of our awesome neighbors came to cheer him on which was really special. When he came time for the performance Kevin had a little crowd of fans there just for him. He did great!!! I was a very proud Mama!!! Goooooo Thing 1!!

Thing 2 had his spotlight moment too, I am trying to figure out how to put the picture in :) Thing 2 got to do a Breakathon for St. Jude's hospital. He got pledges from his grandparents and then got to break as many boards as he could in 30 seconds. He picked one of his very hardest kicks, a jumping front snap kick and broke 12 boards. For his last board his instructor doubled it and in one kick he broke two boards!!!! Yeah Thing 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment